WOOD TV8 seeks a creative, motivated, team-first motion graphics designer to create visually compelling graphics for broadcast, sales, promotions, print, web/digital and station events. This design position works closely with the Design Director as well as promotion and production staff to visualize and execute concepts for all station projects.
Our designers also collaborate with newscast management, producers, reporters, and photojournalists to successfully create designs to help the storytelling process. As a member of the WOOD TV design team, you will be required to help maintain and advance the graphic look of the station to the next level. You will also manage all graphics and related files in accordance to our file and archive structure. The motion graphics design position may help out in studio or in the field for production shoots or live broadcast, as needed and assigned.
- At least two years related experience preferred. You must have a top-notch reel or portfolio, showcasing your versatility as a motion graphics designer to tell a story in a compelling and clear manner.
- The perfect candidate has a sharp eye on layout, motion design and typography.
- Attention to detail is a must, as is the ability to quickly develop creative solutions for daily projects.
- Candidates must have advanced knowledge in Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator. Experience in Cinema 4D is a plus. Experience with Chyron Lyric, Channelbox, Deko 3000, DekoCast, Axis News/Order/Map and Curious World Maps is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design/Animation or equivalent training and/or experience.