If you’re sleepless in Seattle, it’s because there are too many amazing things to see and do in this Pacific Northwest gem. Now’s your chance to join our Seattle based creative team at KCPQ/Q13 and KZJO/Joe TV. We’re looking for a news brand promo producer who can bring their talent to driving late news viewership in primetime and across our social platforms. Topicals? Yes, but we’re not like other news stations. We have our own attitude and brand focus and our topicals have to reflect that unique viewpoint. If you can do it all – write, produce, shoot, edit – we want to talk to you. If you want to push new concepts to move audiences in social media, we want to talk to you. If you want to live in a city that offers oceans, lakes, mountains, and one of the most vibrant cultural scenes in the country, (and no state income tax!), you’ll want to talk to US!
The News Brand Producer is the station’s direct link between news and creative services. It’s this producer’s responsibility to make certain the overall brand and marketing goals of the station are realized through daily promotion of day-of news stories, in a variety of ways. The duties and expectations of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Attending daily news editorial meetings in the afternoon and evening to assess which stories and coverage angles are most aligned with our target audience.
- Working directly with newsroom staff to get information, request field teases, and access video and other assets necessary to produce prime time topical promos.
- Writing compelling and impactful copy for nightly promos, show opens and digital media.
- Shooting, producing, editing promotional material under tight deadlines and quick turnarounds.
- Staying connected with newsroom staff and reacting to unexpected changes, i.e. breaking news, changes in planned coverage
- Undergraduate Degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Marketing and/or related field or equivalent experience.
- Ideal candidate has experience writing, shooting, editing and producing in television, media or marketing. Strong background using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite (Premiere and After Effects).